Tuesday, December 5, 2017


{From here}

THIS. is our lesson of the year. 

in a bad combination of my "self-righteous over zealous everything has to be planned and perfect A type" personality and daniel's strong sense of justice, blake has got it bad. because he sees things in black and white, in absolute terms. and at five, isn't sophisticated enough to figure out the "grey areas" (not sure im sophisticated enough either). and of course, scored a healthy dose of my fire makes one fiesty, huffy puffy and emotional kid. 

and we've been teaching him that lesson over this year. repeatedly. 

and this morning, i realized that i might not have learnt it well myself. and there is certainly room for improvement in the year to come. i spend a lot of my time getting upset about small things (like people who don't freakin' do their jobs...) and big things (people who i truly care about and think highly of. then coming to terms that maybe they don't do right by themselves. very frustrating and sad). so next year, or rather starting now, i will remind myself what we tell our child everyday walking into class. 

do the right thing. for the right reasons. 
and the rest of the world will fall in place around us.
cos the only way to bring change is to BE the change.

xx

1 comment:

  1. I see a super feisty child in my near future.... not even 13 months, and already can be and wants to be reasoned with. What have I got on my hands?!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a little love note. xx