Thursday, January 31, 2013

crafts :: a new kid on the block

since my last sewing machine died in tokyo, i've been meaning to buy a new one. but we were holding off to see what options we have in singapore and hopefully purchase one with a local warranty and english instructions! 


after a whole lot of dilly-dallying, we finally got a singer. this is one of their most basic models but i chose it because i think its about time i go back to the basics and learn sewing properly! it doesn't even have a computer or auto threader or anything!! just simple knobs and dials!

i can't wait to sew on it!!!
now im plotting and planning what my first project should be! 

xx

8 comments:

  1. Oh YAY!! I just got a Singer sewing machine for Christmas. I'm a total newbie at sewing, but I just finished my first skirt and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. Learning to thread the thread through the machine was the hardest part for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! a skirt at your first attempt, that's pretty awesome! the first thing i made was a pillow cover. three straight lines and i was done. i don't think i even serged the edges! lmao! :)

      Delete
  2. I think a basic machine is all you need! I got one with an automatic threader and gazillion stitches which I have not used at all. Only straight stitching for me and when I am slightly more adventurous, zigzags haha ;)

    Post pics of your completed overall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the automatic threader is GOLD though! my last machine (brother) had one and now i curse each time i squint and thread my machine!! :)

      i will!! :) when i figure out how to buttonhole it!

      Delete
  3. That's a cute little machine. If I lived in Singapore, I'd be sewing all day long with all the lovely fabrics available to buy. I just bought some fabric from Arab St a few weeks ago, when on holidays. Wish I'd bought some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. arab street!! ah!! i need to go soon! i wanna see your stash!! xx

      Delete
  4. I have a singer too! but i think mine's even more basic than yours.. cant wait to see your projects!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you do!? that's awesome! i think basic is all i need given that my skills are pretty basic too!

      hoping to find time to squeeze in a little bit each day! *stares accusingly at blake*

      Delete

leave me a little love note. xx