Monday, December 3, 2012

our littlest :: date night revisited

how did we get to december so quick! is it just me or did this year whizz by? 
it's so crazy that we're starting to make plans for christmas..
(and losing battles for live christmas tree.. boo..)

last friday, we managed to sneak in a movie!! i know it doesn't sound like a biggie but in the babyworld, that's major deal. i mean.. having any plans past bedtime (ie 7pm) is like unheard of! so it will make it as a blog entry.

hear ye! hear ye! three hours away from this little mohawk!

it all started with an unexpected text message from a girlfriend's husband, s, who is such a sweetheart! he acknowledged that the girls, who are huge fans of the twilight series, have been waiting so long for the release of this movie. so to show their appreciation for our hardwork in caring for the bubs, the boys will babysit while we go catch the movie! yayy score! i wasn't sure i was gonna make it through a movie at all. but figure if i could get my girlfriend out with me, even if we found a dark corner and took a snooze together, that would make a good date. so yes! of course i'd take a break when given one!

then as our movie date inched closer, things changed a wee bit. s watched the trailer of the movie and heard good reviews. so he decided that the boys would tag along! daniel, who is the last person on earth to read/watch a vampire movie, surprisingly agreed to come along on the condition that he won't have to look at kristen stewart's face (good luck buddy..). i secretly KNEW he was dead afraid to be stuck carrying two crying babies while we sat in the cinema munching on popcorn. 

so we plotting and planned. 

my mother in law watch little blake. and they would come over with a sleepy baby and helper while musashi supervise and keep everyone in line. it worked out perfectly!! we made it to the cinema in time for popcorn, souvenir cups and trailers. then i started missing my baby! *sigh* i rummaged through my bag and found a little bib, one side of a mitten and his baby swaddle. wrapped myself up so im surrounded by this baby smell. and my heart ached a little. this whole time, the husband rolling his eyes at me behaving like a loser. but we made it through the movie (which was great btw. although i did find bella's twinkley skin distracting. isn't she meant to sparkle not twinkle?) and even made it through gelato!! i had a lovely time!

when we got home, it was surprisingly quiet. the babies were just rousing from their naps for their feed. no drama. it was as if no one missed us at all! yayy us! 
i guess we're clear to make plans to go dancing next week!!
and then the moon! :)

xx

15 comments:

  1. Luckily Mu is such a great help! He must have barked everyone in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my mum calls mu everyone's "mother in law" (in chinese). he runs around snooping at everyone and being all bossy!

      lol

      Delete
    2. Hhaha that's hilarious. Mu u wanna be my mother in law???

      Delete
    3. muu :: if it means i can boss maki around... yes please! :)

      Delete
  2. Hello am expecting my first little one (am about 15 weeks) and I love reading your posts :)

    Very encouraging to know you can sneak in some me time even after baby is born! haha.

    I wanted to ask if you have a list of baby must haves for new mums - or maybe a list of your fav things for baby? (I'm researching stroller brands etc.) and would love to hear from you.

    Thanks in advance!
    Syl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi syl! congrats on your pregnancy! isn't it such an exciting point in your life?

      drop me an email! i'll send you a complete list that my friend sent me when we were expecting a baby! and i'll see if i can get organized and put together my list of fav. baby things on the blog!

      best of luck through your pregnancy!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Whoa! You guys are hip and happening parents! Dancing next week? :) Looking forward to reading all about it.

    I've tagged you in my recent blog-post : http://j0annesim.wordpress.com/2012/12/03/getting-to-know-you-a-little-better/

    Hope you have time to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! :) just salsa dancing! we're trying to get back into the swing of things!!

      thanks for tagging me! imma write it up now! :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. I don't know how to express what I feel reading your post about motherhood, especially this one, the part about missing the baby when you're supposedly having your own down time.
    But want to let you know I really appreciate your sharing and.. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh the ironies of life! i always thought the minute i could i would dump the baby with my mom so we can start traveling again... but now i don't think i'd ever be able to do it..

      Delete
  5. Children, especially the younger uns can be very tiring, isn't it? I don't have my own yet, I love children in general but at the end of my teaching session at a local orphanage, I have this sense of relief that the class is over, secretly feeling glad they aren't coming home with me (horrible, I know). And yet they are the ones that make my heart sings. So I've been having mixed feeling about future motherhood-ness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! very tiring. people never really broached that topic when they wax lyrical about babies.. but dude.. those first few weeks was tough work!!

      i used to teach ballet to little ones. and they'd leave me soooo tired and grumpy after class!

      having your own is a little different. its hard work but when i look back at the first few weeks of his life, i think of the giggles and kinda erase all the sobbing, nursing woes and achey backs from carrying him so much. thank god for post pregnancy brain!!

      Delete
  6. Ooh not to sound like some crazed twilight fan but isn't it the best amongst them all??!!! (PS: D bought us tickets to catch the first screening when it first came out. 0_o) Yay for date nights!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it was awesome! even thought the sex scene was so PG (ok. now i sound like a perve..)

    good job D! did he watch it with you!? did he roll his eyes?! D totally did...

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh by D i meant my D. maybe i should call him D2! :)

    ReplyDelete

leave me a little love note. xx