Wednesday, April 11, 2012

my better half

im an extremely competitive person. its in my blood. 

if you meet my mum, she'll not hesitate to tell you about the one year she organized multiple birthday parties (complete with cakes, decor and the whole whizzbang) for me so we could play musical chairs and so she could make sure that i'd lose the game. graciously. it was sparked of by a particularly embarrassing incident where i told my older cousin, who was in the lead, that he had to get off the chair right away cos i needed to win.

but little has changed. im still such a sore loser.
famous for coining phrases like "its not a competition. but if it were, i'd win." 
doesn't help that i married an equally competitive man.

so on this one very average night in our household, we were playing mobile phone games to calm our nerves before bedtime. some watch tv, some do the horizontal hustle, we get our game on.


but as you can see, the leader of round 1 (thank you, i know.) had a little incident on round 2 with her mobile phone keys and couldn't play properly... which brought on a FULL-ON major meltdown. complete with expletives, some tears and major pouting. not my proudest moment, obviously.

(i might have sent daniel some not-very-sporting messages too..)

but the game went on. so after daniel completed round 3 (with concealed scores) i gave it my all. 
and dingdingding!! i won! as i was gloating about my "glorious" comeback, i came to realize that he intentionally goofed up his round 3 to give me a chance of winning..

and my friends, that's why he's called my better half.

p.s. you'd be pleased to hear that following my victory, i slept like a baby! 
and game is back on again tonight! :)

xx

21 comments:

  1. I nearly broke up with my boyfriend when he beat me at Risk ;) To this day, Risk is forever banned from our household.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i mean... risk is a really important test of skill, y'know? gotta take it seriously! :)

      Delete
  2. iPhone games really bring out the competitiveness in all of us! :pp

    I should totally show my hubby this post. He takes delight in trouncing me for every single round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! :) i rarely win though! its very untypical of him to "give chance" and "let" me win! :)

      Delete
  3. That's so sweet for him.. haha but good on him to know how to keep harmony at home! =) the lady should always be allowed to win! =)

    if only this were true in all households! hahahha

    you've definately got urself a keeper babe! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really doesn't happen always! or at least when it does. its because im awesome! :)

      but generally things don't work so well at home if im grouchy... :)

      Delete
  4. Aww... thats so sweet... i accidentally beat K at jewel blitz the other day and he spent the whole week trying to beat me back! I had to put up with his foul temper the whole week cos he got so frustrated trying to beat me back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. scramble with friends... its (kinda) fun but very addictive! some of the words are pure nonsense tho!

      Delete
  6. I hate losing too. And this game, is my Everest! Half the words should not exist. Who uses them (maybe Frasier).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they really don't! my vocab of nonsense english words has definitely tripled since we started playing!!

      Delete
  7. you know what? i think my husb doesn't play games with me cos he knows it's only going to get painful for him if he keeps winning me. hahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah we should learn from our mistakes and quit doing this to ourselves! :)

      either that or i should really grow up!

      Delete
  8. Ahaha, you're hilarious! He's sweet to have 'given chance' in the last round :)

    Psst, I'm a sore loser too. I play with my fiancé mostly, and when I'm in the lead I'll be all "This game rocks! C'mon, make your move!" but when I'm being trashed I'll take ages to make a move or... let the game time out. Oops. The men can't win.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahahaha, you really went all out in the last round, didn't you?! Daniel is a sweetie but you already know that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha! That's why we call them out better halves. D knows better than to push his luck when I'm set on something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! i'd like to think that we give in a little bit in our own ways. but i can't think of how off the top of my head!!

      haha... says a lot huh?

      Delete

leave me a little love note. xx